Calendar of Service Opportunities
Volunteer Listserv and Weekly Digest
If you are a College of Charleston student, faculty, or staff member interested in information regarding volunteer opportunities and updates from our office, please register for our listserv and weekly digest by following the step-by-step instructions below:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave the subject heading blank
- In the body of the email write this:
Subscribe VOLUNTEER@listserv.cofc.edu Your Full Name
- Make sure that the email address in the body of the message is NOT a hyperlink.
IF it is underlined-hyperlinked, right click it, and click Remove Hyperlink.
- You will receive an email from College of Charleston LISTSERV Server with "Command confirmation request".
It will read: Your command:
SUBSCRIBE VOLUNTEER Your Name
has been received. You must now reply to this message (as explained below) to complete your subscription. The purpose of this confirmation procedure is to make sure that you have indeed requested to be added to the list.
To confirm the execution of your command, simply click on the following link:
- Click the link,like the one above, in the email you receive to complete your listserv subscription.
- You are subscribed to the listserv when you receive this email:
LISTSERV Command Response (VOLUNTEER)
> SUBSCRIBE VOLUNTEER YOUR NAME
You have been added to the VOLUNTEER list.
Do you have a commitment to service?
The Center for Civic Engagement partners with community non-profits to connect students with volunteer opportunities in the area.
These are typically semester long opportunities.
Directory is updated frequently.
Check our volunteer opportunity directory to view updated ongoing service opportunities CCE Volunteer Opportunity Directory.
To learn more about available opportunities, stop by the Center for Civic Engagement in Lightsey 203, or email us at email@example.com.
If you would like to post opportunities please check our Community Partners Page